President & CEO
99As the founder of Kisserup International Trade Roots Inc., Pernille Fischer Boulter brings more than twenty years of experience in international business development to public and private sector organizations, government agencies and international financial institutions. She has assisted thousands of small, micro and medium-sized private sector companies, trade and industry associations, and government agencies in their pursuit of export development worldwide. She also facilitates public and private sector business development, provides project management services and establishes joint ventures across the Caribbean, Europe, Asia, and North America. Furthermore, Pernille has managed budgets of all sizes ranging from annual budgets of $60 million within the service sector to smaller monthly budget requirements for new-to-export clients.
Originally from Denmark, Europe, Pernille’s professional experience began with the growth management of American and European IT companies from which her background in marketing, sales, training and consulting developed. Pernille harnessed this experience and acquired a Masters of Business from the Copenhagen School of Business in 1997. Upon immigrating to Canada in 1998, she continued on her educational path and obtained a Certificate in Project Management from Saint Mary’s University in Halifax, Canada as well as a Certified International Trade Professional (CITP) designation from The Forum for International Trade Training (FITT) in Ottawa, Canada – the world’s leading international trade training and professional certification authority.
With comprehensive experience conducting global projects Ms. Fischer Boutler has worked on contracts funded by the European Development Fund (EDF), Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA), the Inter-American Development Bank (IADB) and she is registered as a consultant with the Caribbean Development Bank and the United Nations Development Program.
Since founding Kisserup in 1998, Pernille achieved many accomplishments, among them:
- 2009 – Kisserup was nominated in the Entrepreneurial Category of the Lunenburg Queens Business Excellence Awards.
- 2008 – Kisserup was nominated for the Business of the Year Award by Halifax Chamber of Commerce Business Awards.
- 2008 – Pernille was nominated as Business Person of the Year for the Halifax Chamber of Commerce Business Awards.
- 2007 – Pernille was invited to sit on the MISA (Metropolitan Immigration Settlement Association) Advisory Committee where she continues to serve.
- 2007 – Pernille was awarded the prestigious Women of Excellence Award from the Canadian Progress Club in recognition of her contribution to communication and public affairs.
- Since 2006– Pernille was nominated for the Royal Bank of Canada (RBC) Canadian Women’s Entrepreneur Award.
- 2002 – Pernille was appointed to represent Nova Scotia on the Federal SME (Small Medium Exporters) Advisory Board to the Federal Government’s Minister of International Trade in Ottawa where she served until 2008.
Pernille was the first woman ever elected to the Board of Directors of OTANS (the Onshore/Offshore Technology Association of Nova Scotia) where she served as a Board Member and a Member of the Executive until 2005.